Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Just starting

I read blogs everyday and I thought it would be fun to try, so here I am.  I am a stay at home mom.  I like to do crafts with my kids, so they don't watch TV all day long.  We live in a small town so there is not a lot to do. 

Having fun making hats.


We have been through a lot in the last year.  My son has to be sedated to have dental stuff done as he could not do it other wise.  Any ways last summer he was having it done and ended up aspirating and ended up in the PICU for 2 months on a ventilator.  With a lot of prayer he made it, but still has a lot of issues so it has been hard.  His oxygen level is low and when he gets sick we end up in the hospital a lot as a result of his breathing.  We are all still dealing with that and whatever life throws our way.

Just being silly!


So I guess we will see how this goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi, Thanks for stopping by my blog, Joe is a handsome guy and I understand the stubborn thing. Sam is 10 and has had many respiratory issues. One thing that has really helped to bring his stats up after sedation is an acapella http://www.smiths-medical.com/catalog/bronchial-hygiene/acapella/acapella.html. After sedation we use it every 1/2 hour with Sam when awake until he reaches a normal level, otherwise he seems to stay in a shallow breathing pattern. It works like a mini Pep treatment. Hope that helps, looking forward to reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete